DO YOU PLAN TO MAKE INVESTMENTS FOR YOUR COMPANY ?
Increase your cash-flow and invest safely in WAEMU government securities to diversify your investment portfolio
What products are available on the WAEMU Government Securities Market ?
On the WAEMU Government Securities Market, investors can subscribe to Treasury bonds and/or bills.
Fungible Treasury Bills
Fungible Treasury Bills (T-Bills) are government short-term securities issued by way of invitation to tender.
Maturity : less than 2 years
- T Bills offer short-term investment to meet requirements of cash management combining security and quality.
- T Bills offer the investor an optimal risk/return ratio.
- The interest is known and paid in advance to the investor on the value date.
- Investment on Fungible Treasury Bills helps to contribute to the cash resources of the State.
Fungible Treasury Bonds
Fungible Treasury Bonds (T Bonds) are government medium to long term securities issued by way of invitation to tender.
Maturity : more than 3 years
Fungible Treasury Bonds offer medium or long term investment to meet the investment requirements of your savings or your long-term resources. These securities are combining security and quality.
Fungible Treasury Bonds offer the investor an optimal risk/return ratio.
The investment on Fungible Treasury Bonds contributes to the financing of state budget.
Maturity : multiple
- Synthetic Bonds offers investment opportunities in the short, medium and/or long term for all profiles of investors contrary to the classic single securities.
- Synthetic Bonds are instruments to diversify the investor’s portfolio. Investment in Synthetic Bonds contributes to the financing of State projects
Subscribe in 5 steps
– 1 –
Contact your account manager
You need to open a securities account in one of the accredited banks or brokerage firms in the WAEMU zone. Since then, your bank is allowed to make operations in your name.
– 2 –
Follow the issuance calendar
This issuance calendar is published on a yearly basis and updated each quarter. Plan your investments by having a regular review of the issuance calendar so that you will not miss any investment opportunities on the WAEMU Government Securities Market.
– 3 –
Check out tender offers
Following the publication of the calendar, tender offers are published to provide further details for every issuance. Hence, you will be able to give precise instructions to your account manager so that he can subscribe on your behalf when the tender is open.
– 4 –
For each issuance, results are published no later than 24 hours after its publication on our website. Check the results to see your return on investment.
– 5 –
Enjoy your investment
The repayment terms of each issuance are mentioned beforehand on the tender offer.